Sunday, October 24, 2004

First snow

Back on the mountain the other day and I was joyously surprised to see a healthy scattering of snow on the top. Man it was cold up there. I reckon it'll only be another three or four weeks till I strap my board on my back and hike up for some early (and probably very rough) turns. For proof of the white stuff -



On sunday I went to the kiku matsuri, or chrysanthemum festival in Hirosaki park where you can see manequins of olde worldy Japanese folks covered in flowers. I never did quite understand exactly why they were coverd in flowers, but it was quite a cool way to spend a sunday afternoon. Also, if there's anybody reading this who knows about doing a degree in photography then tell me all about it. I'm stuck for things to do after Japan and I'm spread eagle for suggestions.