Sunday, April 17, 2005

Saturday and Sunday

I can't think of any catchy little title for this post, so I'll settle for the basics. Anyway, I was on the mountain, and it was cracking. Absolutely nobody up there but myself on Saturday when the weather was at it's best. I went up with fellow mountain maniac Eric from Morita today though, and I took my snowboard and he took his skis. I didn't bother with my camera today since I was happy enough with the ones I got yesterday. It was wierd being back on my board again after about three weeks of no snow sports, but incredibly gnarley coming down.

Shashin o douzo:



Look closely at the back of the building and you'll notice that, along with so many other buildings this year, it has collapsed under the weight of the snow. There are altogether four buildings in the Shrine area that have collapsed under the strain of snow. I just hope they are insured. Also, driving back I noticed another place by the side of the Apple road that had fallen through as well. That makes five. But if you count my mate Naoki's house, and his rose shed the number comes to seven. Seems like the whole world is falling to pieces.



Eric was saying today how he'd love to ski this chute. I think I'd have to meet him at the car park if he did.



Looking up to the spot where I once had close encounters with a very large eagle.

I wanted so much to keep climbing on Saturday, but I'd promised this guy I know that I'd play football with him in the afternoon. I was gutted. The guy, who invited me via email, turned out to be someone I barely knew. I just assumed it was this other guy that I know who I play with from time to time. It's a difficult one to explain, but let's just say it was a bit of a let-down. I played like a right turkey as well.



Remember this tree? No, I don't suppose you do. Last december I photographed it looking like this. It's the first shot on the page. I had to make this link because I seem to have lost the original somewhere. Bummer!



The small shrine at 1078m.

I still haven't made it to the top yet this year. Today was going to be the big day, but Eric's knee started playing up so we headed back down after 1100m. Not to worry though, there's plenty of time left.