Friday, February 20, 2004

Hello there. I've got nothing to do today until about 1 o'clock so I thought I'd post a shorty. I went to Japanese club last night but forgot to bring all of my study material from school, so instead of reading my book (ningyouhime) I had to work from one of the clubs crappy text-books. It was alright though. I learned how to put two verbs together in order to express the meaning that one does something in preparation for later.

For example:

watashi wa okyakusan ga tsuku made ni bangohan o *tsukutte okimasu*

The whole sentence means:

I'll go ahead and make dinner before the guests arrive.

*tsukuru* is the verb for 'make', and *tsukutte okimasu* is how you would conjugate the verb to offer the meaning 'make ahead of time'. Or something like that.

Anyway, if you're not in the process of learning Japanese I imagine this kind of stuff is really boring.
Tomorrow I'm going to Owani for some skiing. I just got paid so i'm pretty happy right now. I'm not planning to buy anything expensive this month so I shouldn't be in desperation come next payday.

Also, start using the comment box! That's what it's there for. It's easy to use and a good method of creating jovial banter between friends.