Monday, August 09, 2004

Weekend Stuff

Well, this weekend I went to three different festival events, the first of which I've already shown photos of below. I don't have much to say about any of them, apart from the rowdy affair last night in Goshogawara. That was a surprise. Japanese people at their rowdiest. I have a lot of stuff to show on this webpage, but I left my camera with Aki so I can't upload anything just yet. Saturday night was alright. Went to Aomori city for the Nebuta fireworks finale. It turned out to be a bit of a lame show from where we were standing, but I did get this shot from it all.



The most interesting thing to photograph that night, I think, was the bridge we were standing under. I really like the design of Aomori Harbour Bridge (Is it a harbour?) and at night it gets all lit up and fancy-looking, like this:



I have messed around with this shot though, so it's not all that dramatic.

Anyway, I'm going to try my hardest to get out of this office around lunchtime today. It's my first day back, and what a surprise, there's nothing here for me to do.