Saturday, March 13, 2004

I'm going to Jenny's tonight to watch Office Space on her fancy little DVD machine. I don't know what will happen after that, but I had a nap this afternoon when I got back from physio so I should be able to stay awake for the duration. I bought presents for Aki and Terayama sensei as well. Aki, because tomorrow is White Day (Valentines day for girls), and Terayama sensei because he gave me a gift of money while I was in hospital. At physio the nurse put me in a lot of pain again trying to stretch my arm. It's entirely necessary though if I want to get back into shape.

I'm a bit fetched with the reports of terrorist attacks in Spain. Does anybody remember last week when a similar bomb went off in Iraq killing a similar number of people? I was in hospital when it happened, so I was out of sight from media coverage, but there was very little talk on all the news websites I visit when I came out.

Enough about politics. Yesterday I actually finished the book that I've spent the last eight months reading. I've been sloppy getting through it, but the length of time it's taken me to read it has kind of accentuated the length of time covered by the storyline. It's a story about the lives of around twenty people over a hundred year period. Most of the people in the book are members of the Buendia family, who live in a town called Macondo. Written by a guy called Gabriel Garcia Marquez, it's given me a lot of inspiration. One Hundred Years of Solitude is the name of the game.

I'm actually back from Jenny's place now. I took time out from when I first started this update, and after watching Office Space I started to feel drowsy and a bit uncomfortable, with my arm the way it is, so decided to head home. Taxi style. Nothing more to do or say so I'm going to bed.

Oyasuminasai (good night).