Monday, December 06, 2004

Sendai weekend

Hugh-kun says - "If I don't pass this lousy exam, somebody's going to pay bigtime", holding his pencil in a very threatening manner.





I went to Sendai this past weekend to take the Japanese exam that I've been studying for recently. Overall, the test seemed to go slightly better than I expected it to. I felt really good about the kanji section and the grammar section at the end. But the listening section went really badly, and I think I'll be lucky to get anything over 50 percent for it. I'm not too worried though, because the listening section only carries 25 per cent of the final grade.

It's always been the same. I just can't hold my concentration down for any more than five seconds without it going slightly astray - even when I know so much depends upon it. I reckon if I had the concentration I'd be one of the best darts players in the world!





I went to an onsen with these two girls. I spent about an hour in the mens side, which had access to only two baths, and then I had to wait another hour and a half for the girls to finish. Apparently the women's side had ten baths that were all really fantastic...

This is a photo from the hotel where the onsen was:





...and this is the MacDonalds where we had lunch on the way down:





I know, God, I ate MacDonalds. But I promise I won't do it again. I promise.