Sunday, April 24, 2005

In a word Mike...



No, I doubt I am thinking what you and your band of breathing fossils are thinking. I grew up through 18 years of Tory rule in Britain, and like so many other people my age I consider the Conservatives a bad joke of a political party. I couldn't really point to the particular policies that I disagree with. I don't follow British politics that much, I find it very dry, but I do know that these monkies will never get my vote so long as I live. Well, so long as I'm not a dinosaur anyway. Oliver Letwin caps it all off for me. There's no way I'd vote for that prick. I've seen him on TV and he's definitely the kind of guy that'd wind me up if I had to spend any length of time with him. Same goes for Howard. You see, the way I look at it, the status quo is too far from where I'd like it to be right now, so I see no point in actually sifting through the minute cleavages in policy between the parties. I just don't bother to vote for any of them. They all make me feel depressed. Apart from the odd few of course. Tony Benn was always a favourite of mine. Roy with the lips, and a few others.

Anyway, the thing that really does stick in my mind about the Tories is the 1994 Criminal Justice bill that they legislated, which made illegal things like more than ten people dancing to repetitive beats together on unlicensed premises. That shit just did it for me, since I was into repetitive beats at the time. Much like many other British teenagers in the early nineties.

They're going to lose anyway. They're going to lose to that vicious git Tony Blair because he's the only guy with enough credibility to woo the masses. Charles Kennedy should get a chance I think, but the dumbed down British voters won't give it to him.



This is what Michael Howard would look like if he came to Japan and tried purikara.

Now, for somebody who studied politics for four years you might think my views are a bit base. Well here's my conclusion: there's no politics out there anyway. It's all a facade, a daily simulation of nonsense that you and me could never have any purchase on even if we wanted it. It's a middle class soap opera and the one with the biggest grin gets to play the starring role.

On a different note, I had a walk on Saturday and I took some sepia tones. Take a look:



From the park.



Old thatched roof near Iwaki river.

Check out my flickr page if you want to see some updates. There's a link on the right hand side of this page.

Peace