Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The truth about ipod




Lately I've noticed a lot of websites praising the ipod as the best thing since sliced bread. I don't agree. Last night my ipod decided to pack in right on the moment. It just freezed up and I couldn't get anything out of it. I tried connecting it to my laptop but it wouldn't locate. For some reason the damn thing has died on me without warning. I have the receipt though, and I'm going to head back to the place that I bought it from straight after school tonight.

Besides the fact that mine gave up just like that, there is also the general issue of a horrendously short battery life that never seems to get mentioned in commercial reviews. I knew the battery was going to be lame because I'd read user reviews before I bought it, but recent lifespans on a full battery have lasted a maximum of three hours, which is plainly not enough.

I read the Guardian website and they're always banging on about the ipod for some reason. I think they must be on the Apple payroll because nothing the Guardian has to say about them ever mentions the battery problem. In my mind the battery problem warrants a recall, but I know that people who have tried to send theirs back on that basis have had no luck at all.

So will I have any luck when I take mine back to K's denki tonight? Who knows? I have my warranty so maybe I'll be lucky and get a brand new one as a replacement. I doubt it though.