Saturday, May 07, 2005

Golden Week - 相変わらず

This week has seen three national holidays and a day off work that I took from my own little stash of employment benefits. I climbed the mountain three times and biked round it once yesterday as well. My left knee is really sore so I think I must have over-worked it. Most other people have been travelling and doing all sorts of stuff that sounds really cool, but I decided to stay in the ken and spend my time doing more mundane things like eating huge salad sandwiches.



Chilling with the badminton club. Here's Hayato, the ring leader. His arms seem to be full with his mate's little toddler.



Viewing sunsets from parks full of cherry blossom trees.



And of course, taking immense amounts of photos from the mountain.



A descender.



Another descender.



Two quitters and a descender.



A sitter of mountain tops 眩しい!!



And a reflection.

Apart from that I can't really say much else about this year's Golden Week. A guy called Ge Thao came to stay at my house. I met friends in the park and ate lots of carney food. I got a wicked sun-tan from all the time I spent outdoors, and I'm not in the least bit surprised that Slippery Tony got back into office. Whatever happened to Screaming Lord Such and the Monster Raving Loonies?