Sunday, January 18, 2004

Well, I've just come back from a day's skiing at Ajigasawa ski resort. It was a good day, even though my boots had crippled my feet by midday. I still carried on though, in true hardcore style! I was working on my short turns, trying to knead a bit of rhythm into my technique. I spent quite a bit of time amongst the trees again, which is quite good fun at Ajigasawa because the trees are more wider apart from each other, and not many people bother to ski them so the snow is untouched.
Me and Aki are going to an onsen tonight, which is going to be nice after a hard day on the piste. Not really looking forward to going back to school tomorrow, but that's just life I suppose. I managed to get in enough shopping to last me until Wednesday when I get payed. I can't do anything until then though because I've only got 47 yen in my bank account (25 pence). I can't remember whether I told you this already, but I lost my glasses in Niseko over xmas and I'm really looking forward to getting a new pair. Staring at a computer screen for most of the day without glasses is drawing my eyes back into their sockets and making me feel tired all the time. I'm looking forward to doing a bit of reading as well. I wanted to get my current book finished over xmas, but without glasses I couldn't manage it. (100 years of solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez). It has taken me ages to get through it, though I have read another book since I started that one.
I'm going to read some more Japanese stuff next. I haven't read any Murakami yet, even though he's regarded as one of the greatest contemporary authors in the world these days.